Thursday, March 12, 2009

Shoebox Poems #2

November 1, 2002

Looking out my window these past few weeks have been eventful.
I have seen many images of life which have never exposed themselves to me before.
(Or maybe I have been so consumed with other worldly things that I have never taken time out to notice them)

The seasons change more dramatically here.
There once were the weeks of sun.
A cool breeze here and there, rays of warmth which beamed heavenly upon my fair face.

Then as if without notice, violent rain and mystifying thunder awaken the serenity which we once knew. The rain does pour quite often now; replenishing the ground to ensure a welcomed winter.

As the days flutter by, so do the leaves. This beautiful gift of life stands triumphantly near. Unlike home, the leaves metamorphosize from one magnificent color to the next.

Yet as they wilt and wither away, the soft voluptuous grass becomes engulfed with little signs of fall. They gently descend with a soft blow.

These are treasured developments of our precious nature. I am beginning to embrace change.

No comments:

Post a Comment